Sunday, October 15, 2017

Blade Runner 2049


As I wrote a few weeks ago, there are a few actors to whom I go see a movies because he is in the movie, Ryan Gosling was one on the list. So even though I haven’t seen the original Blade Runner I had to see Blade Runner 2049.

 At almost three hours Blade Runner 2049 is a slow paced, intriguing sci-fi film. Gosling stars as K a new version of the firsts film Replicas, who is a cop tracking down older, rebellious replicas. He doesn’t like doing so but it is his job and that is what he was designed for. When he is not doing this he lives a lonely life in a small and dingy apartment.

The story takes a few twists and turns but overall a good plot. The main thing I want to say about this film is that with all the tools in his filmmaking toolbox the Director (Denis Villeneuve) creates a whole world on film. I felt like I was there walking with K in 2049 Los Angeles. The look of every scene was both beautiful and unsettling.

Harrison Ford returns as Rick Deckard 

And Robin Wright and Jerad Leto also star

If you want to see a single character on an epic journey check out Blade Runner 2049


No comments:

Post a Comment