Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Elijah Mikaelson


I left Elijah, played by the fantastic Daniel Gillies, out of the series blog because he was my favorite Mikaelson family member.

I have fallen in love with many fiction characters and in the years that I have watched Elijah he quickly reached the top of my list.

For the first season as much as I liked him I tried really hard not to fall for him because Spike, from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, was my go to and favorite TV vamp. It sounds weird but I did not want any vampire to change how I felt about Spike and if I did find myself liking another TV vampire it was as if I was cheating on him. That was before Elijah took hold of my heart (quite literally) and never let go. The way he spoke and the way he looked in a suit were just two reasons to love this “dead” man.

Elijah Mikaelson had his demons and for the most part he kept them locked behind a red door but if you hurt his family there was a good chance you wouldn’t live to see the sun rise. In 1000 years Elijah’s main job was to keep an eye on his brother Klaus. It was Elijah who would stop Klaus from going too far and hurting or even killing anyone who got in his way. Elijah cleaned up after Klaus’s messes including falling in love with women his brother once cared for (Kathrine and Hayley being the top two).

Elijah was truly devoted to his family. He did what he could to fight for and take care of his loved ones.

Elijah was charming, beautiful and a good man to have on your side.

I will always love Elijah Mikaelson.

No comments:

Post a Comment