Thursday, March 22, 2012

Touch

When a new TV series starring Kiefer Sutherland  was announced I have to say I was hesitant, not because I didn’t think I would like it but I wasn’t sure if I wanted to like it. But being the loyal Sutherland fan that I am and after watching and loving the canceled but wonderful Heroes and discovering its and Touch’s creator Tim Kring I had to give it a try. I watched when it “previewed” in January and by the end I was already hooked and wanted more. The opening episode alone made me realize that between Heroes and Touch Mr. Kring should run for President. He seems to understand people in general and the differences between us and the world we live in. Where Heroes was about ordinary people from all over coming together to do extraordinary things Touch at its center is about a man and his young son, who doesn’t talk but through numbers is able to put events together and help people.
Staying on the same theme as people all around the world helping each other out the first episode of Touch opens on Sutherland’s character working at an airport. He is allowed to take home all of the unclaimed cell phones for his son, when one of them rings he answers but is interrupted and loses it again before he can get the owners information in order to return it to him. Turns out he has to go and help the police get his son down from a tall tower which leads child protective services to show up at his apartment and takes the boy away. I don’t want to give anything away but his son is able to help not just his grieving father but a handful of strangers all around the world, including the man who lost his cell phone and just wanted it back for the pictures of his daughter.
 I was surprised when the connections between father, son and the others was reveled and found myself yelling at the TV and already caring about each of them. I hope future episodes are just as good and this boy continues to connect the dots and that the viewer gets to learn more about him his father and why this is all happening. But it needs viewers to do that so watch Fox tonight (THURSDAYS @ 9) and check out Touch.    

No comments:

Post a Comment