Friday, January 3, 2014

Anchorman 2-funnier then the reviews say

When I first learned of a sequel to the 2003 movie Anchorman I was actually excited and knew that no matter what I would have to see it. I did and unlike some I was not disappointed. I went into the theater not expecting much but I was hoping the new film would make me laugh. Laugh I did!

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues written by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay and directed by McKay picks up in a new decade at a time when Ron (Will Ferrell) and Veronica (Christina Applegate) are married and have a young son. When Veronica is promoted and Ron fired they go their separate ways until a new character Freddie Shapp (Dylan Baker) offers him a new job. Ron gets his news team from the first movie Brick Tamland, Brain Fantana, and Champ Kind (Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and David Koechenr) back together and the insanity begins...

A rich mogal,, think Ted Turner meets Richard Branson, named Kench Allenby (Josh Lawson) and a television news producer named Linda Jackson (Meagan Good) tell them about their plan to start the first 24 hour news network. When our news team gets high ratings during the 2am hour by telling the American people what they want to hear and not what has happened in the days news (much like today's 24 hour news) the guys beat their new foe Jack Lime (James Marsden) are famous and loved by the viewers once again.

I went into this movie not expecting anything new and that's what I got but there is still plenty to laugh at in this typical comedy. I don't want to give anything away but the funniest scene in the first Anchorman (in any film comedy) is the fight between the local news network, every time I flip through the channels and see Anchorman, if the scene hasn't passed by I will always watch until I see it and laugh out loud making my day better. I'm not saying this happens again in part two but I was smiling by the time the credits were rolling.

If you have the time and need something to do check out Anchorman 2 The Legend Continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment