Monday, November 14, 2016

What I did.


"The state of our union is..."

A shot was hear throughout the chambers of congress. The entire room filled with panic legislators and their guests. Many ran towards the doors knocking over anyone in their way. There was confusion all around.

The other agents on that day did their jobs they got the Speaker of the House and Vice-President to safety.

I had stood by the president since the beginning. I was there when he was out on the campaign trail. I was silent as he shouted horrible things. Words that no normal human being with a heart and conscience would even think to say. I had protected many men, women and children over my career and for the most part I had no problem putting my life on the line for any of them but this man was different. I asked for another assignment but I was denied. When he was elected I thought "now they will reassign me" but when the President -Elect asked me to stay on I had no other choice so when it came time for his first state of the union I did what I was trained.

I was there.

I saw the shooter.

As The President fell to the ground I was by his side.

It was a perfect head shot and I knew there was nothing I could do.

I sat there with his head on my lap.

I leaned in and whispered into his right ear "I'm sorry sir, I couldn't do it, I could not in good conscience take the bullet for you. Your death will make this country safe and great.”

No comments:

Post a Comment