Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Review for The Flash “Duet”


When I first learned of a musical crossover I was like heck yeah this is a great idea. I mean if you are a TV network where half of your lineup are shows ripped from DC heroes and have a talent pool that includes Misters Barrowman, Garber and Martin and 2 Glee alumni why not add a 3rd (the wonderful and adorable Darren Criss) and have a musical extravaganza.


This week’s episode of The Flash entitled "Duet" was a lot of fun and in a plot about Barry (The Flash) and Kara (Supergirl) dreaming of being inside a movie musical everything was beautiful. As I watch I felt like the actors were having a fun day on the job. The original songs and those that weren’t were perfectly matched to the story and characters. At one point I felt pure enjoyment for in years passed as I listened to my Rent soundtrack over and over till I memorized it or watched Titanic till I memorized it or watched episode after episode of Torchwood, some of which I have memorized I never thought I would see, in my mind, Tom Collins, Mr. Andrews and Captain Jack Harkness sing one song at the same time and nothing could have been better. You could tell with their voices that Jesse L Martin, Victor Garber and John Barrowman got their start in the theater as they performed to the back roll.


I knew Grant Gustin aka The Flash himself could sing but the tap dancing was a nice surprise.

As for guest star Darren Criss as The Music Meister I have found a new favorite character and would love to see and learn more about him.

The rest of the cast were wonderful and I did not want the hour to end (I will watch it again and again)


Funny, cute and did not disappoint with a perfect song to end another great episode of The Flash


No comments:

Post a Comment