Thursday, July 2, 2015

On this day...


239 years ago the Continental Congress voted for independence.

152 years ago Col. Joshua L Chamberlain and The 20th Maine (with others) defended Little Round Top at Gettysburg

And 20 years ago (2 weeks after it opened) I saw my first superhero movie, as much as I am looking forward to seeing Ant-Man but it would be nice if Hollywood made more original movies. For example I (and maybe others) took a few notes on the Northern NY three week prison break-saws in ground meat, staying in unused cabins and a last ditch effort to run to Canada-sounds like a summer blockbuster to me and let’s not forget a conservative yet last week liberal leaning SCOTUS is better than anything Aaron Sorkin and Shonda Rhimes (two people I look up to) could come up with, although Will McAvoy and President Fitzgerald Grant come close.
 

 How many people do you know have a 20 year old movie ticket stub (and 100 more since)
 

Side note…

Sarah--Me

Let me start by confessing that I am in my mid 30s and have been obsessed with TV since I was a kid. We had no iPads to help pass the time in the car. So when my sister or I asked how much longer till we get to grandma’s house my parents would answer “three Fraggle Rock(s)” for 1½ hours.
I’ve been reading TVWW every day for almost as long as you’ve been around. During the Fall TV season my dvr is busy keeping me on track as I watch 40 hours a week (it’s a lot but I have to watch cable if I want to keep it)
TVWW has been a big help and-while at times I disagree-I take your suggestions (and Best Bets) to heart and give every series a chance. I tell whoever will listen about shows I discover and even started my own blog (don’t worry TVWW still has way more readers).
TV is my life and, from the TV Upfronts, to the stories behind series, to dissecting the good, bad and in-between, David Bianculli and everyone who writes for TVWW are a main source for my daily viewing

Jun 22, 2015   |  Reply

1.         
David Bianculli—TV critic

Dear Sarah -- Obviously, you're a kindred spirit. Very funny about "Fraggle Rock" -- my daughter, in her early 30s, definitely could relate. And 40 fours a week of TV viewing may sound like a lot -- but we here at TVWW clock in even more, because we have to KEEP watching the bad stuff. The pilot episodes, anyway. So consider yourself fortunate, and never feel guilty about your viewing hours, if it's good stuff you're watching. So glad to have you around...

Well at least one person listens to and understands me.

No comments:

Post a Comment