Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas favorite-movie

First thing first no matter what movie it is although I only watch it once a year I always have the same reaction. I tell myself I’m not going to cry this time, I know how it ends and I am not going to cry. Of course this never works and the second George Bailey’s lip starts bleeding again the tears begin to flow.
As much as I love It’s a Wonderful Life. Any of the telling of A Christmas Carol or Miracle on 34th Street and let’s say Love Actually my favorite Christmas film is White Christmas. If you haven’t seen it it’s about two soldiers who after the war create their own variety stage show. Once they are famous they meet up with sisters who have their own singing act and would like to try out for them. After some sananagans the foursome ends up at a hotel in Vermont. It is here where they run into the boys’ old army colonel, who hasn’t had an easy retirement. It hasn’t snowed in Vermont since Thanksgiving and his business depends on the snow, and it looks like the colonel will have to go out of business. That is when the two come up with a plan. Can the hotel be saved? Will it snow?
I’m not sure if it is because of the songs like “Snow”, “Sisters” or “Count your Blessings” or just the fact that I LOVE Danny Kaye. Whatever the reason in the end a good x-mas movie has to have characters that you care about and a story that you wish could happen. So when Bob and Phil get off the train and there is now snow in the winter playground you hope, you know something magical is about to happen.
Friendship, Romance and Music isn’t that what the holidays are all about?
It isn’t x-mas till I see White Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment