Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Favorites-TV Show

I know I should pick Rudolph the Red nose Reindeer or the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas (I remember how badly my grandmother felt for Max) or the old standby A Charlie Brown Christmas (Linus telling us all what Christmas is all about) but my favorite doesn’t even air on TV anymore so I want to show it some love right here.
A Garfield Christmas. It is a story about Jon, Garfield and Odie traveling to Jon’s home for the holiday. Once they are there we meet Jon’s parents- his father, a farmer and mother, a housewife. There is also his brother, Doc Boy and spunky grandmother. It may not have classic lines like “Bumbles bounce” or any singing and it certainly doesn’t have a fimilier item like how everyone knows what you mean when you say I have a Charlie Brown tree.  A Garfield Christmas has its own special moments.
Some examples are when grandma adds extra spice to Jon's mother's Chili because she won a contest. When Jon and Doc Boy wake up and ask “can we open presents yet” and “I know it’s Christmas morning and you know it’s…” and then there is Odie giving Garfield a x-mas gift a Purrrrfect back scratcher. I have to say my favorite part is when Grandma is sitting in her rocking chair and Garfield jumps up onto her lap and she says “How did you know I needed a kitty….grandpa and I would pet our cats” Garfield “I envy those cats” and she goes on to tell him that Christmas is the time of year when she misses her dead husband the most. ONCE again I always tear up. If you haven’t seen it, find it and give it a try it also came in comic book form. Tomorrow my favorite movie,any guesses?

No comments:

Post a Comment