Thursday, January 26, 2012

MID-Season-Part 1

It’s that time of year again when TV networks replace what didn’t work in the first four months of the year with brand new shows. I was going to wait until all the shows had a chance to air but then I would be waiting till mid march and with what I have seen so far I couldn’t wait any longer. Let me start out with Alcatraz. A new series Monday on fox at 9 brought to us but J.J. Abrams, yes the same guy who gave us Alias, Lost and most recently Fringe. Alcatraz stars Sarah Jones as Police Detective Rebecca Madsen, Sam Neil as Emerson Hauser, Parminder Nagra as Lucy Banerjee and Jorge Garcia, yes Hurley the unlucky lottery winner from the still missed Lost as Diego “Doc” Soto.
            Alcatraz is about as the title says the prison on an island on the San Francisco coast. The series I would say is a sci-fi, police, mystery, procedural. Like Lost there are already questions to be answered, unlike Lost there is a new bad guy to capture in each episode, so far.
My favorite idea behind the series is that it uses Alcatraz, a real place and adds a fictional story that sounds as if it could of happen. In book lingo I think it would be in the historical fiction section. The plot goes that in 1963 when the prison closed all the inmates were sent to other facilities but there’s a catch 145 five of them didn’t make it to their real destination and just disappeared. It is about 50 years later and the missing are retuning looking as if they never left, they haven’t gotten any older and are still doing what they did before the entered The Rock. It then becomes the job of this off the grid team to track them down and stop them anyway they can before anyone finds out.
My favorite character so far is Doc who is a comic book store owner/writer, Professor and Civil War historian; you know my type of guy.
If you haven’t yet, check out this intriguing new series.

No comments:

Post a Comment